Things to Do in SBC ~2/28 – 2/29~
Looking for some excuse to get out of the house this weekend? We got you! Check back each week for a new list of the top things happening in Shreveport-Bossier City. Our cities always have SOMETHING going on when it comes to food, music, and fun!
- Art in the Dark 2/28/2020
- Guests will enjoy cocktails and hors d’ oeuvres in the main gallery of Bossier Arts Council. Then you will venture to the Annex Building where you will participate in a one of a kind art experience…BLINDFOLDED! That’s right, you will be creating, Art in the Dark! All proceeds benefit the Louisiana Association for the Blind’s Art Program.
- FB event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/s/art-in-the-dark/536596213760605/
- 2020 Fit for Life Health & Wellness Expo 2/28/2020
- Fit For Life is a non-profit organization in Shreveport Louisiana dedicated to improving the health, fitness and wellness of all Americans; especially those in the Ark-La-Tex community. Given the magnitude of the health and fitness problems facing Americans today, particularly children, it is imperative that more high-level, consistent emphasis be placed on improving the health and fitness of our citizens.
- Held yearly in Shreveport, Louisiana the Fit For Life Health & Wellness Expo brings in vendors from around the Ark-La-Tex to showcase health and fitness products and services. Its purpose is to help promote fitness and health to the community of Shreveport and Bossier City. Admission is free!
This year’s events & attractions include:
-Guest doctors discussing ways to improve your health and prevention of disease.
-Free health checks & vision Screenings
- Fb event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/s/2020-fit-for-life-health-welln/2716968828357082/
- Soccer Classic: LSU v Texas Tech 2/29/2020
- VDay Shreveport: A Memory, a Monologue, a Rant, and a Prayer 2/29/2020
- V-DAY SHREVEPORT JOINS GLOBAL MOVEMENT TO STOP VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AND GIRLS
Presents a Benefit Reading of
A MEMORY, A MONOLOGUE, A RANT AND A PRAYER: Writings To Stop Violence Against Women and Girls featuring local talent (TBA), February 29, 2020
AT 3:00 PM
Venue: The Agora Borealis
Proceeds Benefit the YWCA of NWLA Women’s Resource Center
A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and A Prayer: Writings To Stop Violence Against Women and Girls is a groundbreaking collection of monologues by world-renowned authors and playwrights, edited by Eve Ensler and Mollie Doyle.
“Each piece captures a spirit of being human in a series of recognizable situations, provoking empathy for those involved and heightening our awareness of why and how such things come to pass.” – Theater Review New Zealand
V-Day is a global activist movement to stop violence against women and girls. Further information about V-Day can be found at:
- FB Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/s/vday-shreveport-a-memory-a-mon/552138772022009/
- Serendipity Pet Rescue Adoption Event at Petco 2/29/2020