Things to in SBC This Weekend!
Need an excuse to get out of the house and enjoy the fresh air and fall weather? SBC has plenty for you to do! From markets to music, check out the list below
- Shreveport Farmers’ Market 8a-1p at Festival Plaza
The East Pavilion features vegetables, fruits, herbs, plants, honey, and meats grown/raised within a 150-mile radius of Shreveport. Ranchers sell ethically-raised beef, pork, chicken, and lamb. Great breads, jams, jellies, pickles, various canned goods, locally-made soaps, dog treats, seasonings, and sauces are also available. And chocolates, cookies, cakes, candies, and pralines will make any sweet tooth happy! Free parking is available at meters and certain downtown lots. There is an ATM onsite, and some vendors accept credit/debit cards. The market also accepts SNAP transactions to spend with participating vendors.
- East Bank Dinner Theatre 6-9p at 630 Barksdale Blvd
- Serving dinner to the public in the East Bank during The Bossier Arts Council’s Murder Mystery Theatre featuring Mat Latz and his zany cast of characters.
You can look forward to an entirely revamped menu, along with some themed specials!
- Shreveport Symphony Drive In Concerts at 11:00 a.m. at the Broadmoor Branch, 1212 Captain Shreve Drive
Shreve Memorial Library and the Shreveport Symphony Orchestra invite the public to a series of drive-in concerts. Between September 25 and November 6, Shreveport Symphony Orchestra ensembles will perform four outdoor concerts at several Shreve Memorial Library branches. Each performance is free and open to the public.
Each performance will take place in the parking lots of designated Shreve Memorial Library branches and will feature either the Shreveport Symphony Orchestra’s Brass Quintet, Woodwind Quintet or String Quartet. Families and library patrons are encouraged to sit in their vehicles and listen to the concerts or picnic outside in appropriately social-distanced spaces.
- Caddo Parish Date Night in the Park 6:30-9:30p at Earl G. Williams Park in Oil City
- Join us for Date Night in the Park, September 26, 2020, Earl G. Williamsons Park, Oil City, LA, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm, music, food, games and dancing.
Bring your chairs, blanket, food and drinks (non-alcohol) and enjoy an evening out. Bring a date or just fly solo. Must be 21 and over. Free to the public.
For more information please contact Mary Murphy at [email protected] or 318-220-6284 or Cattina Williams at [email protected] or (318) 212-0221
- Dark Woods Haunted Attraction 7-11p through October 31st at 4343 University Pkwy, Natchitoches, LA 71457 Tickets (app.hauntpay.com/events/dark-woods-tickets)
Dark Woods Haunted Attraction returns for the 2020 season on select dates September 25th through October 31st, 2020.
This special nighttime Halloween event runs Fridays and Saturdays 7:00 pm – 11 pm.
See calendar for NSU Demon Student Night and Halloweek special dates.
*Event requirements, ticketing etc may be subject to Louisiana State Covid-19 guidelines and requirements. Face masks MUST be worn while attending this event.
- Norton Food Truck Round Up 4-7p at R.W. Norton Art Gallery
- Join The Hot Dawg Hut, Caddo Lake Que and Catering and Streetcar Snoballs at the museum on Sunday, September 27th, for dinner full of family, food and fun. Bring a blanket and a soccer ball or football and enjoy the afternoon relaxing under the Norton’s beautiful trees all while enjoying your delicious dinner and dessert!