Time is the next big thing. Most places in the United States Fall Forward in time Sunday, March 8 at 2:00 A.M. for Daylight Saving Time. Some are for, some are against this practice. No worries, though, the Ryan Radio Staff will be on time next Monday. Fall forward has little to no affect on staff members because of the wack-o hours kept in the first place. To help make the transition as painless as possible for our listeners, we offer a few things that might assist with this annual flight into the future by one hour.
- Adjust your sleeping quarters a bit cooler than usual,
- Provide for no or very low light,
- Perhaps advance bed time by 15 minutes over the next few days,
- No “screen time” for at least an hour before turning in (and no TV after being tucked in)
- Avoid an alcoholic night cap.” Really.
It might be of comfort to know that the Ryan Radio Research Foundation discovered the United States is developing an atomic clock that could help track this and future hours related to Daylight Saving Time. It’s rumored accuracy is that it will not to lose even a second for at least ONE BILLION YEARS. This is significant because on Monday mornings hence, we might still be late to work, but we will know EXACTLY how late we are. Thank us-when it’s spring back time.