Weekend Happenings in SBC 10/30-11/1
Looking for something to do this weekend other than steal the kids’ Halloween candy? JJ has it all planned out!
- Taste of the State Fair Food Crawl 10/30 & 11/6
- Hosted by Liz Swaine, she says: Two years ago, I hosted a State Fair Food Crawl & it was a hoot! Both of them sold out, they were so much fun. Things are a bit different this year- there’s no fair, but the CONCESSIONAIRES are back, and we’re going to eat! We will crawl to nine different booths to sample Corn Dogs (my fave & all time champ) Deep Fried Oreos, Funnel Cake, Bacon wrapped Jalapeno Peppers, Chicken on a Stick, Ice Cream, Nuts, Pizza, and Sausage on a Stick. It will be a fun outdoor event on two nights, with limited tickets for social distancing. Our first event is Friday, Oct. 30, 6-8:30 pm, the second is Friday, Nov. 6, 6- 8:30 pm. Join me for fun and fun!
P.S. The money goes to support the Louisiana State Fair and the concessionaires, all of who have been having a tough year!
- Tickets must be purchased in advance at: www.eventbrite.com/e/taste-of-the-state-fair-food-crawl-tickets-126712569707
- Sci-Port’s FREE Spooktacular Saturday 10/31
Sci-Port Discovery Center is pleased to announce the creation of our first FREE Halloween Open House, Spooktacular Saturday! Sci-Port is suspending General Admission One-Day Only during Halloween on Saturday, October 31.
Come dressed in your coolest ghoulish ensembles. Sci-Port will be hosting two Halloween costume contests, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Cash Prizes will be announced for the best adult and children’s costumes.
Enjoy Halloween-themed activities such as “Something Spooky This Way Comes'” crafting your own floating ghosts and creating edible hemoglobin!
Please note that all current local and state Phase 3 Covid-19 Pandemic Protocols will be enforced.
*All patrons over eight years of age must wear a face mask
- Halloween Lunch at Norton Art Gallery 10/31 11-1
- Join Hot Dawg Hut, Ono Hawaiian and Sweetport for a scary good lunch at Norton Saturday Oct 31 11-1!
- Halloween Car Parade with the Perfect Fit Foundation 10/30 at 6p
- Trick or Treat in the Park 10/31 4-6p
TRICK-OR-TREAT IN THE PARK. Calling all ghosts and superheroes! Every Louisiana State Park is hosting Trick-or-Treat in the Park from 4-6 p.m. on Sat., Oct. 31st.
Arrive early, pay your $3 per person park entrance fee, and get settled because the kids will walk the campsite area and the roads in that area will be closed for safety.
The rules are a little different this year, so get ready to sanitize your hands, wear your mask, practice social distancing, and get creative in your treat collection and distribution. Maybe bring a butterfly net for treat collecting at a distance?
Call your local Louisiana State Park for site-specific questions!
- Drive In Movie Night w/ Families Helping Families Region 7 10/31 at 5p at the State Fair Grounds of Louisiana
Dress up in your favorite costume for a spooky presentation of Hocus Pocus at the Drive-In. We will have a photographer taking photos of this family friendly event.
Tickets are limited and FREE to families we serve.
You MUST have a ticket to enter, reserve yours by calling Families Helping Families Region 7 (318)-226-4541.
This event is brought to you by Families Helping Families Region 7 and Social Circle
- Labyrinth at Logan Mansion 10/31 8p-12a
Explore and experience our gothic-inspired nooks and crannies inside and outside at the historic 1897 Logan Mansion. In the spirit of Halloween under a blue moon, the mansion will have the vibe of a Goblin-Esque labyrinth of exploratory spaces.
This adults-only Halloween event will feature one of the most popular global gothic musical talents, Aurelio Voltaire, along with New York performance artists The Long Losts. in addition to local fav,
an energetic DJ to carry us through the night. Great food, costume contests, surprise parlor experiences, special bar elixirs, and more.
General Admission – $75 Per Person
Includes: Open Bar and Food*
Surprise Experiences inside the Mansion
VIP Tickets – $125 Per Person
Pre-event Meet and Greet with Voltaire
Custom PPE mask and gloves designed by Voltaire
Open Bar and Food
VIP Section Seating during Artist Performances
Surprise Experiences inside the Mansion
On The Performance Stage:
King & Queen of the Goblins Costume Contest and Crowning (cash prize)
Best Costume Contest (cash prize)
Underground Cavern Tavern
Main Tent Lair
Canapes from Cariere Catering
Evening Options: (priced separately from Labyrinth event)
Oakland Cemetery Zombie Walking Tour – Book through Robert Trudeau RSVP at
Disclaimer: By purchasing a ticket to this event, you automatically give permission to the Logan Mansion to use any imagery or photography for promotional materials.
No refund on tickets. Tickets are non-transferable
No rain dates
COVID-19 Phase 3 social distancing rules will be maintained for outdoor settings and inside the Mansion
Proceeds go towards maintaining the historic Logan Mansion